Does to make carrot cake you need to cook the carrot? This is the question of many people and the answer is simple: you can cook to get a tastier cake.
In general, people do not usually cook. You will see that in traditional recipes, the step by step is to add the raw carrot. This helps to avoid losing the point of the dough, since it is very easy to pack a carrot cake.
Here at home I have made several mistakes. If you put too much carrot, the dough is already heavy. So, to help you, I have separated some very important tips and a complete recipe. Let’s check it out?
How to make baked carrot cake
- 3 gems
- 3 egg whites
- 200ml of oil
- 2 and ½ cups of wheat flour
- 1 and ½ cup (tea) of sugar
- 2 cups of boiled carrots
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- The first thing to do is to cook the sliced carrot for about 10 minutes. It is important that it does not get too soft.
- In the same blender, add the oil, egg yolks and cooked carrots.
- Beat everything very well for about 5 minutes, until everything is smooth. Reserve.
- Now, in an electric mixer, beat the egg whites for approximately 5 minutes. When you are at the point of firm spikes, turn off.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, yeast and a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor of the cake.
- Then add all the dough you have beaten in the blender and stir gently with a fork.
- Finally, add the egg whites and stir quickly.
- Pour into a greased and floured pan.
- Take it to a preheated oven at 180º for approximately 35 minutes or until it is golden brown.
What is the difference between raw and cooked carrot cake?
Well, at first we already have the color of the cake that is much more accentuated with the cooked carrot. As soon as we cook the carrot we can already see how much more orange it is, right?
The other difference is that the ingredient mixes much more with the others, especially the dry ones. Pay attention, when we do it with the raw carrot, there are some orange spots.
These little dots are small pieces of the carrot that didn’t mix when you hit the blender. Not to mention that with the cooked carrot it is much easier for the blender.
So, in summary, with the cooked carrot the recipe is much more uniform and, consequently, more tasty. Do the test!
Tips to increase the mass of carrots
Simple carrot cake it’s delicious, but everything we can improve and differentiate this wonderful recipe is always welcome, isn’t it?
When I go to make carrot cake here at home, I always like to combine it with chocolate. As a tip, try adding ½ cup of chocolate chips to the dough before taking it to the oven.
I do not recommend mixing with the dough, otherwise the droplets will go down to the bottom. Then, sprinkle gently on top and bake immediately.
Don’t you have droplets of chocolate? No problem. Add sprinkles or any other chocolate confectionery that works. 😉
Another ingredient that leaves the cake smelling of childhood is fennel. As soon as you add the dough from the blender to the wheat flour, add 1 tablespoon full of fennel.
Look, it goes without saying that there will be nothing left in the form. Everyone will approve!
Brigadeiro recipe with milk Ninho for topping
And speaking of chocolate, I couldn’t help but pass you on my favorite topping recipe. I’m sure it will go very well with your carrot cake, it is worth trying!
- 1 can of condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons of 50% cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon full of milk Nest
- ½ tablespoon of butter
- In a pan add all the ingredients and stir well until incorporating everything.
- Bring it to a very low heat and let it cook for about 10 minutes.
- Then add 1 can of cream and stir until completely involved.
- Always stir to avoid sticking or swelling and that’s it!
As for the point, it is important to keep an eye on until you get the consistency you want. I particularly like the creamy topping, without being too firm. So, when it starts to come off the bottom of the pan, I turn it off.
Remembering that when it cools, this cover will firm up a little bit more. 😉Therefore, do not let too much of the stipulated time pass.
Once done, cover the cake so that it cools directly in the dough. Furthermore, when watering the cake while the icing is still hot, it helps to penetrate a little bit of the cream into the dough, which will be divine!
So, what did you think of these fantastic tips? Now you know that to make carrot cake you need to cook the carrot. I’m sure you’re going to test each of these tips already, aren’t you? Enjoy and come back here to tell me what you think of the recipe.
And don’t forget to check out the Homemade Cakes Course that I always recommend here. It can be the game changer to change your life once and for all. It is worth taking a look. To the next!